Toilets – the only things that should be flushed down them are toilet paper and human waste, but that doesn’t stop millions of people from using them as these amazing trash cans that flush unwanted items away to some mysterious place, never to be seen from again.
A lot of people look at toilets as clean trash cans that can literally flush their worries away. No need to empty the trash can. No need to take the trash bag outside. No need to deal with the mess or stinky smells from waste – at least that’s what a lot of people think!
Toilets are NOT trash cans and in case you had any questions, here is a list of some of the craziest things flushed down the toilet, sometimes accidentally, and sometimes intentionally!
- Dental floss
- Cat litter
- Action figures
- Fat and oil
- Cigarette butts
- Wet wipes
- Medical syringes
- False teeth (dropped by accident)
- Clothing, such as underwear
- Toothbrushes (often flushed by toddlers)
- Toy cars (flushed away by mischievous little ones)
- Tissue, Q-tips, cotton balls, and paper towels
- Cellphones (usually accidental)
- Wedding rings (intentionally and accidentally flushed)
- Fish, baby turtles, mice, lizards, spiders, etc. (dead and alive)
- Ripped-up pictures of exes flushed down by bitter boyfriends, girlfriends and spouses
- Small liquor bottles flushed by workers trying to hide the evidence
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out the article, “Sydney Water reveals the weird things we are flushing” on news.come.au. Of course, the problem isn’t only happening in Australia, it’s happening right here in Cedar Park and all throughout the country.
Still need convincing? Read this plumbing article on today.com entitled, “Think Twice About Flushing These Everyday Items Down a Toilet.”
Bottom Line: Your toilet is only for flushing human waste and toilet paper and NOTHING else. Even wet wipes and cotton balls can clog the toilet, leading to the need to call in a professional plumber. If your toilet is clogged because something was flushed down the toilet that shouldn’t have been, contact Excalibur Plumbing!