Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation
Get the Help of Our Expert Plumbers
At Excalibur Plumbing, we know that in most homes, the garbage disposal is one of the most frequently used appliances. However, because of this heavy usage, it is also a machine that can be all-too-often vulnerable to serious problems. If you have noticed that your garbage disposal is not working properly, we encourage you to contact our professional Round Rock plumbers as soon as possible. We can repair your existing unit or install a new one!
Common Problems with Garbage Disposals
- Stuck Objects – Garbage disposals often stop working because an object has become stuck, such as a piece of food or silverware. If something is jammed in your garbage disposal, do not try to remove the object. Instead, unplug the disposal and contact the experts from Excalibur Plumbing.
- Overload – Have you been using your garbage disposal a little too frequently? If so, the machine may use a feature that shuts it down to prevent overheating. Usually, you can get the machine back up and running with a reset button, but if that fails to do the job, our plumbers can come to check it out.
- Clogs – If you are constantly pouring items such as congealed grease, tissue, and dirt down the drain, it is not unlikely that your machine will become clogged. If that is the case, our plumbers can handle the problem for you quickly and efficiently. In some cases, we may just need to clean out the P trap; in other cases, we may need to snake the line. Either way, we can get the job done!
Should I Avoid Putting Certain Items Down the Disposal?
Yes! There are absolutely certain items that should never be put into your garbage disposal—especially if you are looking to avoid any repairs in the long-run. The garbage disposal is an incredibly useful machine, but it’s not designed to handle large amounts of food or large items. Be careful to keep your machine running its best.
Some examples of items to avoid putting down your disposal:
- Grease or oil
- Vegetable peels
- Pasta and rice
- Pits or seeds
- Coffee grinds
When Is It Time to Call a Plumber?
If your garbage disposal is acting up and maybe you need a drain cleaned or it’s being less efficient than it used to be, or simply not working, it is time to call the pros. In some cases, you may be able to fix the issue on your own, but we wouldn’t recommend it. You have enough to do without spending your free time with your garbage disposal. Not to mention, it can be dangerous working with the blades—and, in some cases, may require electrical work.
Call the professionals and experience the following benefits:
- We can help to identify the real root of your problem.
- We offer a two-year warranty on labor and parts.
- We help address any related underlying problems.
- We prevent any other costly damage from occurring.
Get the help that you can trust by contacting our Cedar Park plumbing team today! From repairs, installation and even emergency plumbing services, we have reliable services that are quality and affordable.
Schedule your next service with Excalibur Plumbing today by calling 512-259-7222 or use our online form!