If you’re planning on putting your house on the market in the near future, first you want to see what can be done to improve its appearance. After all, when it comes to selling your house, you want it to make a great first impression. Some of these things may include new carpet, a visit from the gardener, new appliances, and new plumbing fixtures – the “obvious” things.
Beyond the obvious improvements, don’t forget about the less-obvious ones that count too, especially to the savvy homebuyer who will be going through your home with a fine-toothed comb. You may have just painted the bathroom, but that’s not going to conceal the leak under the bathroom sink, which is quickly getting moldy. Even a leaky pipe in a bathroom cabinet can make the potential buyer think, “What else is the seller hiding or neglecting?”
Suppose you don’t have any leaky drains or faucets, but the fixtures are the same ones that originally came with the house. The kitchen sink is chipping and the bathroom faucets are outdated. The bathtub needs to be caulked, and the shower heads are showing signs of age and rust. If your home’s fixtures are over 20 years-old or they’ve seen better days, updating the fixtures can be a cheap investment that makes your house show like a model home!
Some ways to get your home ready for the market:
- Replace a chipped, scratched, or discolored kitchen sink.
- Install new reflector pans and rings, coils, and knobs on a stove.
- Replace a weak or sputtering faucet, which can scare buyers into thinking you have a major plumbing problem.
- Replace a lackluster bathroom sink.
- Replace toilet seats and lids.
- Install new faucets and shower heads.
- Update an old tub with a new finish.
- Replace all kitchen and bathroom drains.
- If a new toilet would make a drastic difference, it’s a great investment.
- If you don’t have them, install exhaust fans in your bathrooms.
- Replace your bathroom mirror with a more aesthetic version.
- Do you have slow drains? Call a plumber before you start showing the house.
If you’re selling your house and would like it to be in tip-top shape before you start to show the property, contact Excalibur Plumbing to schedule a service call. We can assess your home’s plumbing system and fixtures and inform you on what work needs to be done so the home shows beautifully. Call today to get started!